Thursday 18 September 2014

Time for Tea Teaset Trio : Love Patchwork and Quilting

Self promotion is not my favourite thing but I am really proud of this project so I want to share here  A few months back I had a commission email from Jenny Fox-Proverbs, editor at Love Patchwork and Quilting and this project was the result, 'Time for Tea' trio of tea cosy, coasters and a divided teabag caddy. The instructions to make it are in Issue 13, out now. 


This project combines foundation paper piecing, appliqué and a little hand quilting and is a great skills builder if you want to try any of these techniques for the first time.  Everything has been beautifully photographed and the instructions are attractively laid out.  The templates are included at actual size in the magazine and are also available to download.   I love my tea so this project was a pleasure to make from beginning to end.  My daughter has already bagged the caddy for her own tea selection.


There are lots of familiar faces sharing techniques, advice and projects large and small- Lynne Goldworthy, Karen Lewis, Jeni Baker, Manda McGory, Lisa Lam, Sarah Fielke, and many more familiar blog names.   You can see the projects on Pinterest here.  The team at Love Patchwork and Quilting are a delight to deal with, helpful, efficient, friendly and enthusiastic.  I met Jenny, the editor at Fat Quarterly retreat- she is such a bright happy and involved person and it comes through in the tone of the magazine.  This is issue thirteen- you can find it in WHSmiths, supermarkets etc and there is more info about buying a copy here.

All photos from Love Patchwork and Quilting Issue 13
sib blog

12 comments:

  1. Hi Kerry! This is gorgeus trio! I love your design, hand stitching and the colours! Beautiful! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my tea too and so I really love your project!!! Fantastic tea cosy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, please, self promote away!
    Love this little tea set ~ sweet as can be and now I've got to find the magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the extra touches you added to this set, now I am even more eager for my copy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Kerry! I love your tea cozy and love your self promote! have a wonderful day~ xc

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your set! It's absolutely adorable! Navy fits perfect as background to wonderful fabrics you used. I love also the details (eg. little hand-stitches). Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really is a gorgeous set trio and it would make such a lovely gift for tea-drinking friends. I especially love all the different techniques that you used and the colours. Congratulations on a fab commission x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Comgratulations.Stunning tea set !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab pattern, it was admiring it in a smidgen of downtime the other day :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your tea set - will be looking for this issue of Love Patchwork & Quilting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave your thoughts, I do very much appreciate you stopping by! Blogger is not sending comments through by email at the moment so I'll reply in the comments.